In order to avoid serious damage to machines and to carry out maintenance on time, the condition of the machine must be known. The state of a machine or machine parts can generally be judged well in terms of the type and size of its vibrations. The machinery diagnostic system can be used to simulate certain types of damage and investigate its effects on the vibration spectrum.
The PT 500 base unit permits vibration measuring exercises (measurement of vibration displacement, velocity and acceleration in the time/frequency range). Field balancing of rigid rotors and alignment of shafts can also be practiced.
The key components of the base unit are the mechanical elements (clutch, bearing blocks and shaft with rotors), the drive motor with variable speed via frequency converter and tachogenerator, and the display and control unit with digital displays for power output and speed.
The motor base plate is mounted on a carriage, enabling the motor to be aligned. The large aluminium base plate with locating slots allows quick, flexible and precise assembly of the system components. A transparent protective cover provides the necessary safety during operation, and enables clear system viewing during experiments. All parts are clearly laid out and well protected in a storage system.
To measure and evaluate all experiments, the computerised vibration analyser PT 500.04 is required. The accessory sets PT 500.10 – PT 500.19 enable repeatable simulation of the different types of damage.
Use of the trolley PT 500.01 is recommended for flexible deployment of the training system.
- base unit for machinery diagnostic training system
- rigid base plate with workpiece holder slots
- drive motor with variable speed via frequency converter
- digital speed and power display
- 2 shafts: 1x short, 1x long
- 2 unbalanced flywheels with interchangeable balance weights
- bearing blocks, roller bearings, interchangeable
- fixing holes for vibration measuring sensor
- flexible claw coupling and ControlflexR coupling
- motor can be aligned obliquely and transversally
- transparent protective hood
- stackable system for components
Base plate LxW: 1100x800mm
Asynchronous motor with frequency converter
2 shafts: Ø=20mm, length 300mm, 500mm
2 unbalanced flywheels: Ø=150mm, each 1675g, with interchangeable balance weights (bolts)
2 bearing blocks with roller bearings 6004 (can be exchanged)
ControlflexR coupling: nominal torque: 15Nm
230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
230V, 60Hz, 1 phase; 120V, 60Hz, 1 phase
230V, 60Hz, 3 phases
- drive power output: 0,37kW
- nominal speed: 2800min-1
- speed range via frequency converter 100…6000min-1
- display and control unit with digital power and speed display
Dimensions and weight
LxWxH: 1100x800x500mm (base plate + hood)
LxWxH: 475x420x200mm (control unit)
LxWxH: 600x390x325mm (storage system)
Weight: approx. 95kg (total)